- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Continuing Education
- Health Network
- Professional Home in Migrant Health
- Program Initiatives
- Technical Assistance
- Issues We Face
- Migrant Info
- Behavioral Health
- Children's Health
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Eye Care
- Family Violence
- H1N1 Flu
- Oral Health
- Recruitment and Retention
- Women's Health
- Tools / Resources
Lorin Kerr Award, 2011
The American Public Health Association recognized Amy K. Liebman, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, at the Migrant Clinicians Network for her innovative and outstanding efforts to improve the lives of workers.
Border Models of Excellence in Tuberculosis Surveillance and Control, 2010
MCN's Director of International Research and Development, Deliana Garcia, and MCN’s Border Health Specialist, Dr. Bertha Armendariz were awarded the 2010 Border Models of Excellence in Tuberculosis Surveillance and Control recognition from the USMBHC.
EPA Children's Environmental Health Award, 2008
MCN received the Children’s Environmental Health Champion Award for outstanding commitment to protecting children from environmental health risks.
Christopher Krogh Memorial Award Global Health Education Consortium, 2007
Recipient: Ed Zuroweste, MD, MCN's Chief Medical Officer
Who We Are
A Force for Health Justice for the Mobile Poor
MCN functions as a global organization with more than 10,000 constituents whose work is overseen by a board of directors comprised of frontline clinicians, researchers, policy makers and academics with experience in and commitment to migrant health. MCN employs a professional staff of 20 based in five offices across the US that carries out its work of serving as a professional home for clinicians serving migrants. Within that scope, MCN engages in research, develops appropriate resources, advocates for migrants and clinicians, engages outside partners, and runs programs that support clinical care on the frontline of migrant health.
MCN’s goal is to improve health care for migrants by providing support, technical assistance, and professional development to clinicians in Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and other healthcare delivery sites with the ultimate purpose of providing quality health care that increases access and reduces disparities for migrant farmworkers and other mobile underserved populations.
WHO WE SERVE
MCN serves a wide breadth of health professionals who provide care for migrants. Individuals from various professions are brought under one umbrella to most effectively meet the needs of migrants. Sixty-eight percent of MCN’s constituency is clinicians providing direct health care to migrants. The remaining 32% includes individuals whose efforts, all or in part, focus on migrant health. The majority of MCN’s clinical constituents (56%) are based at Migrant and Community Health Centers. The other 44% are based in other sites including hospital emergency departments, private practice, health departments, research institutions and educational institutions. MCN constituents are located throughout the US and include international health professionals with an interest in migrant health.
A YEAR IN REVIEW: 2012
Download the booklet summary of MCN's activities in 2012.
MCN's Year in Review for 2011 is also available to view here.
Below is a Prezi interactive presentation of the 2011 Year in Review. *Be sure you have Flash Player installed*