- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Continuing Education
- Health Network
- Professional Home in Migrant Health
- Program Initiatives
- Technical Assistance
- Issues We Face
- Migrant Info
- Behavioral Health
- Children's Health
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Eye Care
- Family Violence
- H1N1 Flu
- Oral Health
- Recruitment and Retention
- Women's Health
- Tools / Resources
New Course Offering!
The Clinicians Role in Addressing Occupational Health Risks of Adolescent Migrant Farmworkers is a new course offering from the Migrant Clinicians Network. The primary objective of this course is to ensure clinicians serving migrant and underserved communities are aware of general childhood agricultural safety and health concerns. This will be accomplished in a way that increases the clinicians’ ability to provide effective healthcare to their patients by assessing and understanding agricultural health risks.
MCN is committed to providing the highest quality Continuing Education to health care providers serving migrant farmworkers, and other mobile, underserved populations. Take advantage of the unique opportunity to experience quality online continuing education in an interactive and effective way. Explore the following offerings.
- Adolescent Farmworkers At Risk
- Hepatitis ABC's for Migrant Health
- The Management of Binational Tuberculosis Patients
- The Changing Face of Migration
- Serving the Mobile Poor
- Overview of Migrant Population
- Importance of Vaccinations
- Culltural Competency & Best Practices
- Effective and Efficient Risk Assessment
- Integrating Risk Assessment into your Clinic System: Charts and Forms
- Integrating Risk Assessment into Your Clinic System: Patient Education Materials
- Hepatitis Overview
- Introduction to Migration Health
What MCN's Distance Education Program will Do for You
MCN's comprehensive Clinical Distance Education Program is designed to develop excellence in clinical practice, clinical leadership, cultural competence and your working knowledge in the physical, mental, and environmental health of migrant farmworkers and other mobile, underserved populations.
Methods of Instruction
To best serve individual needs, MCN has developed an array of educational courses that are tailored to meet clinicians' unique requirements and their thirst for current knowledge in relation to the Migrant Farmworker population.
In addition to customized courses, MCN works alongside premier subject matter experts and instructional designers to sustain a quality educational experience. Tools such as video, self-tests, graphics, case studies, and interactive activities are incorporated throughout the course to promote lifelong learning. Time-tested instructional theories are used to design the course to ensure transfer of knowledge.