MCN contributes to the national conversation about migration health through publication in peer-reviewed publications. The following are just the most recent articles published by MCN staff members:
- Tschampl CA, Garnick DW, Zuroweste E, Razavi M, Shepard DS. Use of Transnational Services to Prevent Treatment Interruption in Tuberculosis-Infected Persons Who Leave the United States. Emerging Infect Dis. 2016;22(3):417-25.
- Liebman, AK, Juarez-Carrillo, PM, Reyes, IAC, and Keifer, MC. Immigrant dairy workers' perceptions of health and safety on the farm in America's Heartland. Am J Ind Med. November 2015. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22538.
- Brennan K, Economos J, Salerno M. Farmworkers make their voices heard int he call for stronger protections from pesticides. New Solutions. 2015. doi:10.1177/1048291115604428
- Perla ME, Iman E, Campos L, Perkins A, Liebman AK, Miller ME, Beaudet NJ, Karr CJ. Agricultural occupational health and safety perspectives among Latino-American youth. J Agromedicine. 2015;20(2):167-77. doi: 10.1080/1059924X.2015.1010064. PubMed PMID: 25906275.
- Silver K, Hoffman K, Loury S, Fethke NB, Liebman A, Manz N, Manock S, Andino A, Bradfield M, Morrissette D, Florence J. A campus-community partnership for farmworkers' health: interventions for tomato workers in Tennessee.Prog Community Health Partnersh. 2014 Winter;8(4):501-10. doi: 10.1353/cpr.2014.0056. PubMed PMID: 25727983.
- Liebman AK, Juárez-Carrillo P, Reyes IA, Keifer MC. A model health and safety intervention for Hispanic immigrants working in the dairy industry.J Agromedicine. 2014;19(2):78-82. doi: 10.1080/1059924X.2014.888025. PubMed PMID: 24911680.
- Kugel, C. “Here Among Us: Caring for Migrant and Immigrant Patients in Rural United States”, chapter in Global Health Nursing: Narratives from the Field, Harlan, C., ed. Springer Publishing Co., 2014.
- Liebman AK, Mainster B, Lee BC. Family services for migrant and seasonal farm workers: the Redlands Christian Migrant Association (RCMA) model. J Agromedicine. 2014;19(2):123-9. doi: 10.1080/1059924X.2014.893217. PubMed PMID: 24911688.
- Keifer, MC, Reyes, I, Liebman, AK, Juarez Carrillo, P. (2014) The Use of Audience Response System Technology With Limited-English-Proficiency, Low-Literacy, and Vulnerable Populations. Journal of Agromedicine.
- Quandt SA, Kucera KL, Haynes, C, Klein, BG, Langley, R, Agnew, M, Levin, JL, Howard, T, Nussbaum, MA. (2013) Occupational Health Outcomes for Workers in the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing Sector: Implications for Immigrant Workers in the Southeastern US. Am J Ind Med.
- Siqueira CE, Gaydos M, Monforton C, Slatin C, Borkowski L, Dooley P, Liebman A, Rosenberg E, Shor G, Keifer M. Effects of social, economic, and labor policies on occupational health disparities. Am J Ind Med. 2014 May;57(5):557-72. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22186. Epub 2013 Apr 18. Review. PubMed PMID: 23606055.
- Baron SL, Beard S, Davis LK, Delp L, Forst L, Kidd-Taylor A, Liebman AK, Linnan L, Punnett L, Welch LS. Promoting integrated approaches to reducing health inequities among low-income workers: applying a social ecological framework.Am J Ind Med. 2014 May;57(5):539-56. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22174. Epub 2013 Mar 26. PubMed PMID: 23532780; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3843946.
- Frank AL, Liebman AK, Ryder B, Weir M, Arcury TA. (2013) Health care access and health care workforce for immigrant workers in the agriculture, forestry and fisheries sector in the southeastern US. Am J Ind Med.
- Liebman AK, Wiggins M, Fraser C, Levin J, Sidebottom J, Arcury TA. (2013) Occupational health policy and immigrant workers in the agriculture, forestry, and fishing sector. Am J Ind Med.
- Baron S, Beard S, Davis LK, Delp L, Frost L, Kidd-Taylor A, Liebman AK, Linnan L, Punnett L, Welch LS. (2013) Promoting integrated approaches to reducing health inequities among low-income workers: Applying a social ecological framework. Am J Ind Med. In press.
- Siqueira CE, Gaydos M, Monforton C, Fagen K, Slatin C, Borkowski L, Dooley P, Liebman A, Pana-Cryan R, Rosenberg E, Shor G, Keifer, M. (2013) Effects of social, economic, and labor policies on occupational health disparities. Am J Ind Med.
- Lee BC, Gallagher SS, Liebman AK, Miller ME and Marlenga B. (2012) The 2012 Action Plan for Preventing Childhood Agricultural Injuries in the USA. Injury Prevention.
- VanDevanter N., Combellick J., Hutchinson M.K., Phelan J., Malamud D., Shelley D. (2012) A Qualitative Study of Patients’ Attitudes toward HIV Testing in the Dental Setting. Nursing Research and Practice.
- McLaurin J and Liebman A. (2012) Unique Agricultural Safety and Health Issues of Migrant and Immigrant Children. Journal of Agromedicine. 17(2):88-93
- Lee BC, Gallagher SS, Liebman AK, Miller ME and Marlenga B. (2012) Developing the 2012 National Action Plan for Protecting Children in Agriculture. Journal of Agromedicine.
- Bischoff W.E., MD, PhD, Weir, M., MAA, MPH, Summers, P., MPH, Chen, H, MD, PhD, Quandt, S.A., PhD, Liebman, A.K., MPA, MA, and Arcury, T.A., PhD (2012) The Quality of Drinking Water in North Carolina Farmworker Camps. American Journal of Public Health.
- Garcia, D., Hopewell, J., Liebman, A., Mountain, K. (2012) The Migrant Clinicians Network: Connecting Practice to Need and Patients to Care. Journal of Agromedicine.
- Combellick J., Zuroweste E., Gany F.M. (2011) TBNet: The Impact of an Innovative Public–Private Intervention on Tuberculosis Control Among an Internationally Mobile Population.Journal of Immigrant & Refugee Studies.
- Uehling, G., Bouroncle, A., Roeber C., Tashima, N., and Crain, C. (2011) Preventing partner violence in refugee and immigrant communities. Forced Migration Review.
- Dovydaitis, T., Kugel, C., Lewy, R., Nelson, A., Ricardo, F. (2011) Promotores as Researchers: Expanding the Promotor Role in Community-Based Research. Health Promotion Practice.
- American Public Health Association. (2010) Requiring Clinical Diagnostic Tools and Biomonitoring of Exposures to Pesticides. APHA Policy Statement. Drafted by Keifer, MC and Liebman, AK.
- Liebman, AK and Augustave, W. (2010) Integrating the worker perspective in agricultural health and safety. Journal of Agromedicine.
- Dovydaitis, T., Kugel, C., Lewy, R., Nelson, A., Mitchell, A., & Ricardo, F. (2010) Eliciting Behavior Change in a US Sexual Violence and Intimate Partner Violence Prevention Program through Utilization of Freire and Discussion Facilitation. Health Promotion International.
- Kugel, C. and Zuroweste, E. (2010) The State of Health Care Services for Mobile Poor Populations: History, Current Status, and Future Challenges. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved.