Five on Friday | August 5, 2016
Welcome to Friday! We hope you're all staying cool this month. Here is our list of the top five health news stories this week:
- Ricardo, Health Network Manager: "These ‘microhospitals’ provide residents quicker access to emergency care, and they may also offer outpatient surgery, primary care and other services."
- Jessica, Grant Writer, was surprised to learn that “Your Old Sofa May Have a Toxic Secret,” about flame retardants and children.
- Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, is a fan of Grassroots Leadership and their new downloadable book, “Indefensible: a Decade of Mass Incarceration of Migrants Prosecuted for Crossing the Border.”
- Leslie, Health Network Associate, shared the announcement of Ciclovia, a Bike Austin event aimed toward low-income Austin residents that will offer free bikes, bike safety classes, bike maintenance assistance, and activities for the whole family. Offered on August 27th and September 24th. Learn more about the event, donate, or volunteer at the Bike Austin site.
- Theressa, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, would like to recommend the resources https://smokefree.gov and https://espanol.smokefree.gov.
Like what you see? Amplify our collective voice with a contribution.
Got some good news to share? Send it to us via email, on Facebook, or on Twitter.
Return to the main blog page or sign up for blog updates here.
- Log in to post comments