Five on Friday | June 24, 2016
Happy first weekend of summer! Before you grab the swim goggles and the beach towels, why not peruse the top five recommendations from MCN staff? We collect relevant news, resources, and announcements to keep you updated in the world of migrant health.
- Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, was dismayed to read that anyone would try to limit a farmworker from knowing that what chemicals they are exposed to. Read “11th Hour Change to EPA Farm Rule Angers Capitol Hill” for more.
- Corey, Communications and Graphics Designer, in his very first Five on Friday contribution, offered up this Yes! Magazine article on female migrant farmworkers fighting against machismo and abuse in California Wine Country.
- Kerry, Environmental and Occupational Health Manager, learned that Zika-carrying mosquitoes are resistant to common insecticide permethrin
- Karen, CEO, recommended a commentary from David Furnish, the chairman of the Elton John AIDS Foundation, who spoke about Pride Month and the Orlando tragedy.
- Del, Director of International Relations, Research, and Development, thought this was interesting: Free Resources Help Clinicians Get Recertification Credit for Support of Patient Self-Management, from the Department of Health and Human Services.