Five on Friday | October 14, 2016
Today’s Five on Friday’s selections exemplify how urgent our work in migrant health and health justice really is. As record-breaking numbers of people set off from their homes in search of safer and healthier lives, issues around their mental and physical health -- both while on the journey and at their final destination -- come to the forefront. What articles did you read this week? Join the discussion on MCN’s Facebook or Twitter.
- Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, forwarded the archived video of an excellent presentation she recently made for the Colorado Trust’s Health Equity Learning Series, entitled, “Equity at the Intersection of Poverty, Migration and Health.”
- Ricardo, Health Network Manager, shared the article “Unaccompanied and Pregnant, Challenges of Finding Health Services.”
- Ricardo also offered this archived webinar from Doctors Without Borders, “Migrant or Refugee? Central America’s Migration Reality.”
- Ed, Chief Medical Officer, shared this great article from The Lancet: “Where economics and epidemics collide: migrant workers and emerging infections.”
- Claire, Writer and Editor, sent a Nature.com article on the mental health crisis among migrants to Europe.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!