Report Exposure: Department of Public Health, Bureau of Environmental Health Services

Phone: 800-972-2026 (work days) or 800-362-2736 after hours/weekends/holidays
Report Online:

Pesticide Reporting Requirements

Required to Report: Yes
What to Report?: Any Pesticide-Related Exposure
Timeframe to Report Injury or Exposure: Seven days
Who is Required to Report?: Physicians, Hospitals, Laboratories, Other health professionals.
Additional Info:

Reporting can be done by phone or by email/fax. If by email or fax, use the Environmental and Occupational Illness Reporting Form found here:

Coverage for Farm Workers: Required (with limitations)
Limitations: Workers' compensation is only required where the employer's total cash wage payments in the previous year (excluding family members) were at least $2,500. If not required, an employer may elect to provide workers' comp.
Statute: Iowa Code Ann. ยง 85.1(3), (6) (2009)
Coverage for Undocumented Workers: Not Defined in Statue or Case Law
Case Law: Neither statute nor case law answers this question.
Benefits Available for Undocumented Workers: There is no case law answering this question