Report Exposure: County Health Department - Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services

Phone: (406) 444-0273
Report Online:

Pesticide Reporting Requirements

Required to Report: Optional
What to Report?: Any Pesticide-Related Exposure
Who is Required to Report?: .
Coverage for Farm Workers: Required (with limitations)
Limitations: Temporary agricultural workers are exempt if the person they work for is otherwise exempt as an officer/manager in a quasi-public/private corporation or an LLC as an agricultural business and doesn't do the normal work, and owns 20%, or less if other family member-managers (also exempt under this section) as a whole own at least 20%; or if working for a sole proprietor, or member-managed LLC.
Statute: Mont. Code Ann. ยง 39-71-118(2)(d) (2011) (definition of "employee" does not exclude farm workers)
Coverage for Undocumented Workers: Yes
Case Law: There is no case law answering this question.
Benefits Available for Undocumented Workers: There is no case law answering this question.