Report Exposure: Department of Health, Office of Environmental Health, Safety, and Toxicology

Phone: 877-485-7316
Report Online:

Pesticide Reporting Requirements

Required to Report: Yes
Timeframe to Report Injury or Exposure: Three days
Who is Required to Report?: Physicians, Other health professionals.
SENSOR partnership with NIOSH:

Washington Pesticide Program (funding and technical support from NIOSH):

Additional Info:

Report by phone either to Poison Control or to the Department of Health

Coverage for Farm Workers: Required
Limitations: Employers must provide workers' compensation except to a child under age 18 employed by his parents in agricultural activities on the family farm. Children ages 18 to 21 living and working on a family farm may be excluded from mandatory coverage by their parents. Note: because this does not impact farm workers, coverage is required for farm workers.
Statute: Wash. Rev. Code Ann. §§ 51.12.020(6), 51.12.025(1) (2011)
Coverage for Undocumented Workers: Not Defined in Statue or Case Law
Case Law: If a nonresident alien is a citizen of a government that has a compensation law that excludes, or is not as favorable as the WA workers' comp law is to, U.S. citizens then the nonresident alien shall receive no benefits. No payment shall be made to a beneficiary residing in a country with which the United States does not maintain diplomatic relations. Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 51.32.140. I found no case law on the issue of whether an undocumented worker qualifies for workers' comp.
Benefits Available for Undocumented Workers: There is no case law answering this question.