- 2022-6-13_Enfermedades-causadas-por-el-calor_Presentacion.pptx (19.18 MB)
- 2022-6-13_HeatStressSpanishFLIPCHART.pdf (7.81 MB)
- 2022-7-21_Heat-Stress-Facilitator-GuideSpanish.pdf (2.43 MB)
- 2022-6-13_Heat-related-illness_Presentation - English.pptx (21.41 MB)
- 2022-7-21_Heat-Stress-Facilitator-GuideEnglish.pdf (2.5 MB)
The West Virginia Rural Health Research Center (WVRHRC) pursues a multi-disciplinary research effort directed to improve environmental health for rural populations. Collaborators from public health, geographic information systems, nursing, pharmacy, environmental science, health policy and other disciplines work together to conduct policy-relevant research to achieve this goal.
- YiR_for office printer (no bleed)_0.pdf (1.59 MB)
copy deeplink Preventing Agricultural Pesticide Exposure: Revisions to the EPA’s Worker Protection StandardPreventing Agricultural Pesticide Exposure: Revisions to the EPA’s Worker Protection Standard
In 2015, for the first time in over 20 years, the Environmental Protection Agency updated the Worker Protection Standard (WPS). The WPS provides basic workplace protections for agricultural workers to reduce the risk of pesticide exposre. This issue brief overviews the major revisions that are particularly relevant for clinicians caring for agricultural workers.
- WPS_MCN_FJ_IssuesBrief2016.pdf (3.02 MB)
copy deeplink CDC: Projected Zika Virus Importation and Subsequent Ongoing Transmission after Travel to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games — Country-Specific Assessment, July 2016CDC: Projected Zika Virus Importation and Subsequent Ongoing Transmission after Travel to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games — Country-Specific Assessment, July 2016
- 2022-2-22_Mwen-te-teste-pozitif-pou-COVID19-Kounya-Kisa_0.pdf (105.83 KB)
- 2022-2-22_Mwen-te-teste-pozitif-pou-COVID19-Kounya-Kisa_Image.JPG (158.11 KB)
- 2022-2-22_Mwen-se-yon-moun-ki-te-fè-kontak-pwoch-ak-yon-moun-ki-te-teste-pozitiv-pou-COVID19-la-Kounya-Kisa.pdf (117.13 KB)
- 2022-2-22_Mwen-se-yon-moun-ki-te-fè-kontak-pwoch-ak-yon-moun-ki-te-teste-pozitiv-pou-COVID19-la-Kounya-Kisa_Image.JPG (171.55 KB)
This blog post from the North Carolina Medical Board discusses issues around physician burnout. The blog states: "Burnout among physicians has reached epidemic proportions since it was first described among human services workers in the 1970s. When physicians experience overload, loss of control (autonomy) and a lack of reward (perceived or real) for their contributions, their risk for emotional exhaustion, otherwise known as the burnout syndrome, is astronomical. When physicians begin the downward spiral into burnout, they no longer contribute with their leadership and motivational energy. Instead, they become needy and unintentionally sap energy away from the group. Worse, this syndrome is highly contagious and can systematically infect a whole practice or clinic by reducing meaningful contact among its individual members."
ADAO is the largest independent nonprofit in the U.S. dedicated to preventing asbestos exposure, eliminating asbestos-related diseases, and protecting asbestos victims' civil rights through education, advocacy, and community initiatives.
The 2012 Blueprint for Protecting Children in Agriculture. Awarded 2013 Paper of the year by the International Society for Agricultural Safety and Health (ISASH), this National Action Plan takes an updated look at preventing childhood agricultural injury and death.
- BlueprintAgricultureNCC_0.pdf (6.84 MB)
Worker Protection Standard Pesticide Safety Training Curriculum - Culturally and linguistically appropriate curriculum with supporting resources for training workers on the revised Worker Protection Standard. Developed by the Florida State University PISCA Project and Migrant Clinicians Network.
- WPS PesticidasEnglishFINAL4_2021Website.pptx (33.52 MB)
- WPS PesticidasSpanishFINAL4_2021_Website.pptx (19.67 MB)
- WPSPesticidesFlipChartFINAL_1_23_2020.pdf (8.32 MB)
- WPS Pesticide Facilitator Guide English 2020.pdf (2.03 MB)
- WPS Pesticide Training Facilitator Guide Spanish 2020.pdf (1.99 MB)
- Juan Abre los Ojos como protegerse de los pesticidas (01 14 2020)_0.pdf (7.25 MB)
- 2022-8-18_Pregnancy-COVID-Vaccine-Trifold_Handout.pdf (637.88 KB)
- 2022-8-18_Pregnancy-COVID-Vaccine-Trifold_Handout_Template.pptx (8.51 MB)
- 2022-8-18_Embarazo-COVID-Vacuna-Triptico_Material-de-apoyo.pdf (656.5 KB)
- 2022-8-18_Embarazo-COVID-Vacuna-Triptico_Material-de-apoyo_Plantilla.pptx (8.52 MB)
- 2022-8-18_Model_depliyan_sou-vaksen-COVID-pou-fanm-ansent.pdf (657.66 KB)
- 2022-8-18_Model_depliyan_sou-vaksen-COVID-pou-fanm-ansent.pptx (7.56 MB)
- Currículo de educación ambiental: In this Spanish-language presentation, Alma Galván, MCH, Senior Program Manager of Occupational Health, provides an introduction to MCN’s environmental education curriculum presented in Puerto Rico.
- Agua Segura y seguridad con químicos: In this Spanish-language environmental education presentation, MCN’s Myrellis Muñiz-Márquez, MPH, Program Manager in Puerto Rico, shares tools to stay safe from chemical exposure, contaminated water, and non-point source pollution, before, during, and after a disaster.
- Emergencias y desastres: In this Spanish-language environmental education presentation, MCN’s Marysel Pagán-Santana, DrPH, MS, Senior Program Manager in Puerto Rico, identifies the environmental and health risks of disasters and encourages prevention measures and planning to protect individual and community health during and after emergencies.
The Diabetes and Healthy Eyes Toolkit provides community health workers with tools to inform people with diabetes about diabetic eye disease and maintaining healthy vision. The toolkit has a flipchart that is easy to use in community settings and can be incorporated into existing diabetes classes or information sessions. It is available in English andSpanish.
The first MCN External Advisory Board (EAB) was established with 10 standing members and 10 ad hoc members in June 2015. The EAB is a PEER TECHNICAL AND SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE established to promote cross-disciplinary collaboration and to give expert advice on community-based participatory research and the development and expansion of MCN programs. The distinguished members offer a breadth of professional expertise to advance MCN’s mission. During the first year of service, our EAB members participated in more than 44 ACTIVITIES AMONG 10 MCN STAFF. This totaled more than 246 direct hours of collaboration by providing their expertise and technical assistance in grant and award preparation, scientific consultation, conference planning, and expanding the vision of MCN among their constituencies.
- EAB-1year-FINAL.pdf (328.03 KB)
DATE: September 8, 2020
Health Network assures continuity of care and treatment completion by providing comprehensive case management, medical records transfer, and follow-up services for mobile patients. During this webinar, you will learn how to enroll a patient in Health Network, strategies for incorporating Health Network into your existing clinic systems, and the steps Health Network associates take to ensure continuity of care for your patients while keeping your clinic informed of patient outcomes.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under cooperative agreement number U30CS09742, Technical Assistance to Community and Migrant Health Centers and Homeless for $1,094,709.00 with 0% of the total NCA project financed with non-federal sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
copy deeplink How to Re-establish Safety When You Have been Jolted into a Stress Response | W2W ResourceHow to Re-establish Safety When You Have been Jolted into a Stress Response | W2W Resource
- 1-6-22_English_COVID19_Family_Brochure_Template.pptx (3.2 MB)
- 1-6-22_Formato-triptico-en-espanol-COVID19_Template.pptx (3.22 MB)
- 2022_6_1_Haitian-Creole-COVID19-General-Trifold_Handout_Template.pptx (3.2 MB)
- 1-15-22_English_Pregnancy-COVID-vaccine_Trifold-Template.pptx (9.04 MB)
- 1-15-22_Spanish_Pregnancy-COVID-vaccine_Trifold-Template (1).pptx (9.05 MB)
- 1-15-22_HaitianCreole_Pregnancy-COVID-vaccine_Trifold-Template.pptx (9.02 MB)
- 2022-7-11_Children-COVID-Vaccine-Trifold_Handout_Template_2.pptx (6.64 MB)
- 2022-7-11_ninos-y-la-vacuna-contra-COVID-Trifold_Handout_Template_0.pptx (6.64 MB)
- 2022-7-11_Timoun-ak-Vaksen-COVID-19-la-Trifold_Handout_Template_2.pptx (6.63 MB)
Diagnostic testing for Zika virus infection can be accomplished using molecular and serologic methods. Real-time reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) is the preferred test for Zika virus infection because it can be performed rapidly and is highly specific (1,2) ...
- resourceZika-05112016.pdf (95.67 KB)