Five on Friday | September 18, 2015
Another very full week here at Migrant Clinicians Network! Here are some updates from the world of public health and health justice that we thought you’d enjoy, chosen by MCN staff members.
1. Multiple staffers were excited to share the announcement of the September 28th webinar entitled, “Addressing Nail Salon Worker Health and Safety Through Community Health Centers,” offered by AAPCHO.
2. Tiffy, Communications and Graphic Designer, knows everybody loves maps. Here’s one entitled “Mapping the Difference Between Minimum Wage and Cost of Living.”
3. Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, was happy to see a Texas Observer article on clinicians’ responses to the diabetes epidemic in the Rio Grande Valley.
4. Del also reminded us that tomorrow is National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day.
5. Amy, shared the LA Times article on the Texas immigrant who was arrested last weekend when she used a false ID card at an OB/GYN office. Be sure to subscribe to MCN’s blog and receive our updates -- we’ll have more on the story in the weeks to come.
Have a safe and healthy weekend.