Five on Friday | March 11, 2016
It’s Friday! Let’s celebrate the weekend with the top five items from MCN staff, on the many happenings in migrant health and beyond.
1. Candace, Specialist in Clinical Systems & Women’s Health, recommended an interesting article on how primary care providers are comparable to specialists for hepatitis C treatment.
2. Karen, CEO, offered this Ted Talk from Russ Altman: What really happens when you mix medications?
3. Ricardo, Health Network Manager, thought we would enjoy a PBS NewsHour piece, “For depression, primary care doctors could be a barrier to treatment.”
4. Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, forwarded on a web app with interactive data on healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) caused by antibiotic-resistant bacteria, called the Antibiotic Resistance Patient Safety Atlas.
5. Candace shared this tribute to Dr. Virgilio Licona, in the Journal of Health Care for the Poore and Underserved.
Have a healthy and safe weekend.