Five on Friday | March 4, 2016
We’ve had another very busy week at MCN. Here are some updates from the world of public health and health justice that we thought you’d enjoy, chosen by MCN staff members.
1. Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, sent Premier, Inc.’s moving video on Health Network, which they created in celebration of Health Network’s Premier Cares Award.
2. Tiffy, Communications and Graphic Designer, sent along this Civil Eats article, entitled “Pesticide Combination Impacts Often Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts, New Study Says.”
3. Claire, Writer and Editor, recommended this article on Zika virus in Puerto Rico, in light of MCN’s Environmental and Occupational Health team’s trip there next week.
4. Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, recommended this MMWR on a possible person-to-person transmission of the bacterium Mycobacterium bovis, which usually sickens humans through consumption of raw dairy products.
5. Claire also found interesting this op-ed from a Catholic priest about “the interconnectedness and moral dimensions of immigration and climate change.”
Have a healthy and safe weekend.