Five on Friday | February 24, 2017
We’re hard at work in the world of health justice for the mobile poor…. But we try to spend a few moments to share articles between ourselves. Here are just a few of the pieces that crossed our desks this week.
- Claire, Writer and Editor, noted that Health Outreach Partners is hosting a webinar entitled, “Advancing Health Care Through Care Coordination: A Discussion with Community Health Centers.”
- Karen, CEO, shared MacArthur Foundation Picks Eight Projects That Could Change the World.
- Alma, Senior Program Manager of Environmental and Occupational Health, shared a CNN interview with Bhutan’s Prime Minister on why happiness is a key public good.
- Claire also sent around this STATNews article, “‘I was really needed’: How an Iraqi cardiologist won trust deep in Trump country.”
- Many within our clinical network have requested more resources to better understand recent changes in immigration policy, and to update immigrant patients. Elaine, CFO, shared NILC’s recent webinar and slides on what happened in Austin, Los Angeles, and elsewhere before, during, and after recent Immigration and Customs Enforcement raids. This is just one of hundreds of reactions to recent immigration changes. We are now compiling resources for clinicians and Community Health Workers in response to repeated clinician requests for current resources. What are you providing to your patients or clients? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!