DATE: January 18, 2017
SPEAKERS: Candace Kugel, ARNP, CNM
Continuing Education Credit
To receive CME* or CNE credit after viewing this webinar, you must:
- Complete the Participant Evaluation associated with this webinar
- Send an email with your first and last name stating which webinar you completed to email@example.com
In this seminar participants will be able to identify the HRSA performance measures related to pregnancy care, as well as two unique risk factors for pregnant women migrant farm workers during the workshop. We will also reflect on the important role that community health workers play in improving access to prenatal care for pregnant women.
- Identify the two HRSA performance measures related to pregnancy care
- Reflect on the role of community health workers in improving access to prenatal care
- Identify two unique risk factors for pregnant migrant farmworker women
- Analyze the readiness of their own work setting to assist pregnant women to access prenatal care
- Text4Baby: A free service that provides health education by text to pregnant women and new mothers in English and Spanish. www.text4baby.org.
- Rural Women’s Health Project (www.rwhp.org) pregnancy fotonovelas
- Teach with Stories Prenatal Care—fotonovela series (www.augercommunications.com)
- Pesticides & pregnancy handouts (www1.wfubmc.edu/fam_med/Research/Educational)
- HRSA Find a Health Center http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
- Hesperian Health Guides (hesperian.org)
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under cooperative agreement number U30CS09742, Technical Assistance to Community and Migrant Health Centers and Homeless for $1,094,709.00 with 0% of the total NCA project financed with non-federal sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.