Five on Friday | August 19, 2016
What a beautiful day! A wisp of a fall breeze is tentatively unfurling into the late summer’s heat. Just the right time to spend a few minutes reading. Curl up with these quick reads on migrant health and health justice, as recommended by our staff at MCN. Which ones did you enjoy? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.
- Candace, Specialist in Clinical Systems and Women’s Health, found this interesting article on new research concerning inmates’ roles in global health epidemics. (Ricardo also shared this Newsweek article, expanding on the research.)
- Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, shared an article on wage theft and the hot goods provision, called “Good Crop, Bad Crop.”
- Amy also found interesting this Pump Handle article on occupational injuries at chicken processing plants: “Medical malpractice at Pilgrim’s Pride…the poultry company?”
- Jessica, Grant Writer, recommends the EPA’s new fact sheets on the impacts of climate change on vulnerable populations.
- Leslie: For those in Austin, don’t forget Ventanilla de Salud’s Blood Drive on August 26th at the Consulate General.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!