Five on Friday | January 8, 2016
Happy New Year from all of us at Migrant Clinicians Network! Here’s our weekly rundown of videos, programs, and news stories, on migrant health and beyond, as recommended by MCN’s own staff.
1. Jillian, Director of Education and Professional Development sent along this interesting infographic on the global tuberculosis epidemic from the WHO.
2. Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health enjoyed this good read on the year in pesticides from Elizabeth Grossman at Civil Eats. Grossman notes 2015 was “a landmark year for some of the most widely used pesticides in the US coming under scrutiny for their adverse health effects.”
3. Theressa, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, reminded us of the CDC’s AMIGAS program, to help promotores increase cervical cancer screenings in their communities, in honor of Cervical Cancer Awareness Month.
4. Candace, Specialist in Clinical Systems & Women’s Health, forwarded on this call for abstracts for the 2016 Pennsylvania Public Health Association and Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health Annual Conference.
5. Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, thought we might enjoy viewing this short video from USAID, entitled, “Addressing Childhood Tuberculosis: Opportunities for Maternal and Child Survival Platforms.”
We wish you good health and well-being in 2016.