Five on Friday | September 30, 2016
This week, our offices mourned the loss of Health Network Associate, Ricardo Guerrero. It is hard to find the time for the grief and sadness that follows, as the pace of work has not slowed, and many migrants and clinicians continue to rely on us. Thank you for your patience and your continued support of MCN. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ricardo’s family. Here are some of the articles, shared by MCN staff this week.
- Jillian, Director of Education and Professional Development: “This is an interesting conference session being put on by our colleagues at the NWRPCA.”
- Claire, Writer and Editor, sent out this Pump Handle article, on the drive by many groups including MCN to get chlorpyrifos banned in agriculture. MCN’s Amy Liebman says in the article, ““It baffles me that it’s still being used.”
- Jessica, Grant Writer, sent along this Open Society blog post on the recent UN summit on refugees, entitled, “Will a Global Compact on Migration Lead to Lasting Change?”
- Karen, CEO, passed along this article from the Journal of Family Practice: “A new paradigm for pain?”
- Del, Director of International Projects, Research,and Development, forwarded this Aula blog post entitled, “As Mexico ‘Absorbs’ Central American Refugees, Record Numbers Reach the US.”
Have a safe and healthy weekend!