Five on Friday | March 18, 2016
Is it Friday already? Before you head into the weekend, take a look at the top five recommendations from MCN staff on news and notes in health justice. If you have one to share, let us know. Email Claire at email@example.com.
1. Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, shared a recent MMWR from the CDC detailing a possible airborne person-to-person transmission of Mycobacterium bovis, a strain of tuberculosis bacteria that is more typically spread by the consumption of unpasteurized contaminated dairy products.
2. Tiffy, read this BBC article entitled, “China to protect migrant workers’ ‘left behind’ children.”
3. In Pennsylvania? Candace recommends the one-day conference, “Strengthening the Health of Pennsylvanians: Addressing the Health Care and Public Health Needs of Vulnerable and Underserved Populations,” where Candace will be presenting on Health Network.
4. Candace forwarded on this New Yorker cartoon, reminding us, “You need a sense of humor during this political season!”
5. Thursday is World TB Day. Claire, Writer and Editor, recommends Stop TB Partnership’s World TB Day website, which features great fast facts, shareable infographics, and the call to action logo which you can use for social media profile pics this coming week.
Have a healthy and safe weekend.