Five on Friday | September 23, 2016
Happy Autumn Equinox! This week, as the sun rises directly due east and sets directly due west, we pull out the sweaters and celebrate the cooler mornings and longer nights. Grab a cup of hot tea and read up on what’s new in migrant health, recommended by MCN staff.
- Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, suggested reading this front-page Boston Globe article, “In construction boom, immigrant workers face perils of exploitation.”
- Jillian, Director of Education and Professional Development, forwarded on the US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)’s recommendation that supports CDC guidance to test for latent tuberculosis infection in populations that are at increased risk.
- Claire, Writer and Editor, sent along an article on the new UN report that found that two-thirds of refugee children don’t have a school to go to, along with a new VICE article that humanizes the struggle in Greece, following refugee children to their first day at school.
- Jessica, Grant Writer, liked this review of Decolonize Your Diet, a new cookbook featuring Mexican-American cuisine.
- Del, Director of International Projects, Research,and Development, sent along TAG’s recent report, Dying at These Prices: Generic HCV Cure Denied.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!