Five on Friday | April 14, 2017
- Candace, Specialist in Clinical Systems and Women’s Health, forwarded on two Zika-related webinars that took place on April 11th, the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Zika Virus, the Evolving Story: What You Need to Know and the CDC’s Zika Virus: Protecting Pregnant Women and Babies. The CDC’s webinar focused on updates to the CDC’s Vital Signs on the Zika Virus for women and babies, which was released last week.
- Lasz, Co-Chief Medical Officer, shared an article about his home state: Pennsylvania is nation's Lyme leader, and worst year could be ahead.
- Theressa, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, loves the 2017 Million Hearts® Hypertension Control Challenge and recommends that health centers show off their good work!
- Claire, Writer and Editor, shared two of a “slurry” of articles on hog farmers and hog farm worker health: Carbon dioxide may worsen hog farmworkers’ breathing problems and House passes limited hog farm liability bill in North Carolina.
- Claire also shared two StatNews op-eds of interest to clinicians serving mobile patients at health centers: Social justice should be a key part of educating health professionals and “To fight physician burnout, I’m making a binder of medical successes.”
Have a safe and healthy weekend.