Five on Friday | February 17, 2017
Friday is once again tugging on our brains, luring us into the weekend before 5pm… What are your plans this weekend? Care to add a little bit of health reading into the mix?
- Jessica, Grant Writer, shared the Consumer Health Foundation’s Immigration Status as a Social Determinant of Health briefing paper.
- Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, sent along TRAC Immigration’s ICE Immigration Raids: A Primer, which dives into the different types of deportation arrests under the Obama Administration.
- Amy also shared this piece from Thomson Reuters Foundation News: “From Zika to dengue, a warming Europe faces new disease threats.”
- Ed, Co-Chief Medical Officer, shared a US News & World Report piece on the challenges facing immigrants who lack authorization to live in the US, who need emergency dialysis. Ricardo, Health Network Manager, followed the article up with a piece from the Atlantic on chronic kidney disease of unknown origin, which impacts poor agricultural workers around the world.
- Theressa, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, forwarded on this 2/22 webinar announcement on Addressing Poor outcomes through Medication Adherence: Insulin and other Injectables.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!