Five on Friday | May 5, 2017
It’s been a busy week in the MCN world. Here are a few news pieces that caught the eye of MCN’s staff:
- It’s Cinco de Mayo, which is oddly celebrated more herein the US than in Mexico. Alma, Senior Program Manager of Environmental and Occupational Health, sent along the History Channel’s History of Cinco de Mayo to fill us in on the holiday.
- Ed, Co-Chief Medical Officer, sent a Medscape article (free registration required) on a Commonwealth Fund report that says that of 6,000 people surveyed, 91 percent of Medicaid patients had a regular source of health care compared ot 93 percent of those with private insurance. “The survey showed 57 percent of Medicaid beneficiaries said their care was good or excellent, compared with 52 percent of patients with private insurance and 40 percent of those without insurance.”
- Amy, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, forwarded this New Yorker article on Exploitation and Abuse at the Chicken Plant.
- Theressa, Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator, recommended two resources for Skin Cancer Prevention Month: “Proteja toda su piel” and “Protect All the Skin You’re In,” infographics in Spanish and English from the CDC.
- Corey, Communications and Graphic Designer, sent along this article, “One World Library to feature two migrant farmworker outreach programs.”
Have a safe and healthy weekend.