The primary goals of this project to be achieved through this curriculum are:
1) Increasing the capacity of students and community to think critically about environmental problems and the related decisions that affect human health and the environment as it relates to disaster preparation and response;
2) Increase community participation and collaboration with the goal of improving protections for human health and the environment as it relates to disaster preparation and response; and
3) Ensure chemical safety and safe water as it relates to disaster preparation and response.
- Currículo de educación ambiental: In this Spanish-language presentation, Alma Galván, MCH, Senior Program Manager of Occupational Health, provides an introduction to MCN’s environmental education curriculum presented in Puerto Rico.
- Agua Segura y seguridad con químicos: In this Spanish-language environmental education presentation, MCN’s Myrellis Muñiz-Márquez, MPH, Program Manager in Puerto Rico, shares tools to stay safe from chemical exposure, contaminated water, and non-point source pollution, before, during, and after a disaster.
- Emergencias y desastres: In this Spanish-language environmental education presentation, MCN’s Marysel Pagán-Santana, DrPH, MS, Senior Program Manager in Puerto Rico, identifies the environmental and health risks of disasters and encourages prevention measures and planning to protect individual and community health during and after emergencies.