AHECs (Area Health Education Centers) and HETCs (Health Education Training Centers) have regional offices which provide community placements, service learning opportunities and clinical experiences for medical, dental, physician assistant, nursing, pharmacy and allied health students in rural and urban underserved communities. Programs also focus on recruitment, placement, and retention activities to address community and state health care workforce needs.
- As dental capacity grows, the need for dentists, dental hygienists and dental assistants committed to caring for underserved patients is growing as…
- A listing of farmworker organizations and agencies that are seeking volunteers and interns to support their work.
- PedJobs is the official employment resource of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is free to the job seeker.
- Three newsletters the NHSC has developed for each of its primary member segments -- Clinicians in Service, Scholars in School, and NHSC sites.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged…