Five on Friday | June 12, 2015
Friday is once again tugging on our brains, luring us into the weekend before 5pm… What are your plans this weekend? Care to add a little bit of health justice reading to the mix?
1. Karen, Executive Director, sent along Feeding America’s Map the Meal Gap, which provides food insecurity data for every county in the US.
2. Ricardo, Health Network Manager: “Race is on to track hundreds of people exposed to woman with 'extreme' TB who traveled across three states while contagious.” Article via the Daily Mail UK.
3. Claire, Writer & Editor, sent a Sacramento Bee article on California senate efforts to expand health insurance coverage to undocumented workers.
4. Jillian, Director of Education and Professional Development, recommends a June 30th webinar offered by the National Network for Oral Health Access (NNOHA), entitled, “Midlevel Dental Providers: One Approach to Expanding Access to Care.”
5. Jillian also sent along the good news that poet Juan Felipe Herrera, the son of migrant farmworkers, who has written books with titles like “187 Reasons Mexicanos Can’t Cross the Border,” will be named US Poet Laureate later this week. (Bonus: Here’s a link to some of Herrera’s poems from the Poetry Foundation.)
What’s missing from our list? Did something happen this week that we should know about? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter, or email feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a safe and healthy weekend!