Five on Friday | November 13, 2015
We’ve had another very busy week at MCN. Here are some updates from the world of public health and health justice that we thought you’d enjoy, chosen by MCN staff members.
1. Claire, Writer and Editor: Tomorrow is World Diabetes Day, where we work to make healthy eating a right, not a privilege. Check out the World Diabetes Day website for more.
2. Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, recommended this article on Chlorpyrifos: “Will the EPA Ban a Pesticide That’s Been Lowering Children’s IQs for Years?”
3. Olivia, Health Network Associate, offered this NPR piece on a new mammogram app to help women in their 40s determine whether they should get a mammogram.
4. Tiffy,Communications and Graphic Designer, sparked some conversation when she offered this article on the fight to rid black women’s hair salons of toxic chemicals. Ricardo, Health Network Manager, responded with a link to another hair salon effort, supporting transgender Latinas.
5. Del, Director of International Projects, Research, and Development, sent us this Brookings Institution blog post, on class differences between stress, worry, and social support.
Have a safe and healthy weekend.
Like what you see? Amplify our collective voice with a contribution.
Got some good news to share? Send it to us via email, on Facebook, or on Twitter.
Return to the main blog page or sign up for blog updates here.
- Log in to post comments