Five on Friday | November 6, 2015
There’s a lot to learn from this week’s list of health justice news and notes, recommended by MCN staff. Which disease will kill 75 million people by 2050? What do immigrants who die while trying to cross the US/Mexico border leave behind? Read on to find out.
1. Ed, Chief Medical Officer, liked this Huffington Post article entitled, “This Disease Could Kill 75 Million People By 2050,” written by close colleagues in the fight against TB.
2. Ricardo, Health Network Manager, shared this NPR segment entitled, “Community Health Workers Reach Some Patients That Doctors Can't.”
3. Juliana, Environmental and Occupational Health Program Manager, shared a Baltimore Sun article, “Unsettled Journeys: Central American teens who landed in Baltimore find legal limbo and heartbreak.”
4. Charlotte, Development Coordinator, shared a Texas Observer article, “The Things They Left Behind: When migrants die in South Texas, the objects they leave behind hold clues to their identities.”
5. Charlotte also sent today’s New York Times article, “Red Tape Slows U.S. Help for Children Fleeing Central America.”