Five on Friday | April 8, 2016
1. Candace, Specialist in Clinical Systems & Women’s Health: “The Hesperian folks have done it again...a new book [Recruiting the Heart, Training the Brain] about health promotion in the Latino community. Looks like a great resource for our constituents.”
2. Paul, Financial Associate: “Using CRISPR, scientists have removed HIV from human immune cells using a new gene-editing technique.”
3. Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health: New data from the Pew Research Center found that, nationwide, 57 percent of voters said immigrants strengthen the country through work and talent -- a 22-year high -- and 74% say undocumented immigrants who meet certain requirements should be allowed to stay. The research also splits up the results by party and by supporters of each presidential candidate.
4. Claire, Writer and Editor: Here’s a short documentary by VICE News on the trip that migrants make by sea to Europe.
5. Claire also sent around “Mexico tortures migrants – and citizens – in effort to slow Central American surge” from the Guardian.
Have a safe and healthy weekend!