Five on Friday | May 13, 2016
There’s a lot to learn from this week’s list of health justice news and notes, recommended by MCN staff. Which article did you like the best? Share it on Facebook and Twitter… and let us know you enjoyed it!
- Olivia, Health Network Associate, recommends NPR’s new podcast Embedded. This week’s episode covers the HIV epidemic in Austin, Indiana.
- Claire, Writer and Editor: “How many people were apprehended by authorities while attempting to cross the US-Mexico border in March? Call out your number before you click the link”
- Amy, Director of Environmental and Occupational Health, recommends this Civil Eats article, which reviews Pesticide Action Network’s new report Kids on the Frontline, which links pesticide exposure to rural children’s health concerns.
- Jillian, Director of Education and Professional Development, enjoyed this School-Based Health Alliance Q&A on the Social Determinants of Adolescent Health.
- Claire also offered a new AP article on migrant children unable to enroll in schools.
Have a healthy and safe weekend!