Five on Friday | March 17, 2017
Is it winter or is it spring? If you’re on the East Coast, you’re likely to look out the window at feet of snow. It might be challenging to imagine those in the Southwest donning tank tops and shorts in record hot temperatures there. Wherever you are, and whatever season you find yourself in, we hope you enjoy a safe and healthy weekend. Here’s this week’s MCN staff picks for Five on Friday, articles and topics that you may have missed.
- Amy noted that this article highlighted Lyme disease as an “important emerging and ongoing issue.”
- Corey, Communications & Graphic Designer, says that as a designer he loves the ideas in this article on mobile tech for mobile patients.
- Claire, Staff Writer & Editor, shared an article on the famine and drought in East Africa. The UN humanitarian chief said this week: “Already at the beginning of the year we are facing the largest humanitarian crisis since the creation of the United Nations."
- Jillian, Director of Professional Development and Education, offered up the story on immigrants, their gardens, and their food in Detroit: “This Garden Connects Bangladeshi Women With Restaurants — And Each Other.”
- Jessica, Grant Writer, shared “Teen Successfully ‘Cured’ of Sickle Cell Disease in World First.”
Have a safe and healthy weekend!