Migrant Clinicians Network's white paper, “Failures of US Health Care System for Pregnant Asylum Seekers,” outlines how pregnant asylum seekers who have been released into the US to await their asylum hearing face extreme obstacles to secure prenatal care, despite their legal presence within the country.
Without prenatal care, infants will not have the benefit of early screening and treatment for potentially life-threatening diseases and screening for congenital abnormalities, while in utero. Additionally, pregnancies without prenatal care may result in excess utilization of emergency services which produces unforeseen strain on the health care system.
Knowledge of prenatal care needs, cost, lack of insurance, transportation, refusal by health centers, and fear are delineated as key barriers for pregnant asylum seekers from accessing the care they need during their pregnancy.
Press contact: Claire Hutkins Seda, email@example.com.
The analysis encouraged by these Five Key Questions, developed by the Center for Media Literacy (CML), can inform the decision-making or actions that we may take in a media-driven world.
A Prezi presentation that includes the Five Key Questions accompanied by links out to related resources is available to view here: https://prezi.com/view/2zUKL4KGQWaysr1BertD/
- Deconstructing-Health-Messages_Handout.pdf (154.66 KB)
Apply For a BrainTrack Nursing Scholarship
In addition to being a college and university directory BrainTrack also features its own scholarship opportunity. To help nursing students currently studying to become a nurse, such as an LPN or RN, or to advance their education as a nurse via associate, bachelor, master, or doctoral degree programs, BrainTrack's Nursing Schools Scholarship offers a winning and second place award every semester. The scholarship essays submitted by entrants are designed to help others consider becoming a nurse or advancing their nursing education and career options.
- Fact_Sheet_1_ About_the_COVID-19_Vaccine_Spanish_07122021 (1).pdf (286.42 KB)
- Fact_Sheet_2_ About_the_COVID-19_Vaccine_Spanish_07122021 (1).pdf (306.69 KB)
- Fact_Sheet_1_About_the_COVID19_Vaccine_Haitian_Creole.pdf (341.66 KB)
- Fact_Sheet_2_About_the_COVID19_Vaccine_Haitian_Creole.pdf (320.85 KB)
- ENG_Fact_Sheet_Template.pptx (1.36 MB)
- SPA_Formato_de_hoja_informativa_07_23_2021 (1).pptx (1.58 MB)
This new guide from the National Center for Medical-Legal Partnership is intended to help civil legal aid practitioners message their work to health care audiences in order to build stronger cross sector medical-legal partnerships and to encourage investment in that work.
- Framing Legal Care as Health Care.docx (72.27 KB)
- 2022-6-13_Enfermedades-causadas-por-el-calor_Presentacion.pptx (19.18 MB)
- 2022-6-13_HeatStressSpanishFLIPCHART.pdf (7.81 MB)
- 2022-7-21_Heat-Stress-Facilitator-GuideSpanish.pdf (2.43 MB)
- 2022-6-13_Heat-related-illness_Presentation - English.pptx (21.41 MB)
- 2022-7-21_Heat-Stress-Facilitator-GuideEnglish.pdf (2.5 MB)
This web site and toll-free call center were created to provide FREE, reliable health information for women everywhere.
copy deeplink Picture This: Documenting the Impact of COVID-19 on Latinx Communities in Northern California | ReportPicture This: Documenting the Impact of COVID-19 on Latinx Communities in Northern California | Report
This three-part series, hosted by CHW Solutions, and supported by the National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants, and Migrants and Migrant Clinicians Network, focused on CHW's experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic, how they cared for themselves, and how CHWs will go forward, taking with them what they have learned.
MCN and Farmworker Justice offer these guides to assist clinicians in understanding farmworker health and safety regulations. OSHA’s Field Sanitation Standard; EPA's Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA); EPA's Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA); EPA’s Worker Protection Standard (WPS).
- OSHA's Field Sanitation Standard Clinician's Guide.pdf (747.53 KB)
- FIFRA FQPA Clinician's Guide.pdf (287.9 KB)
- WPS Clinician's Guide.pdf (843.35 KB)
- UpperGITractUgitard.pdf (31.81 KB)